RuPaul's Drag Race has provided viewers with countless memorable lip sync performances throughout its run. However, there have been instances where the queens competing in the lip sync battles have faltered, forgetting the words to the songs they were performing. In this article, we will take a look at the top 10 times RuPaul's Drag Race queens found themselves in this precarious situation.
1. Yara Sofia vs. Carmen Carrera: During a lip sync battle to "Mickey," both Yara Sofia and Carmen Carrera struggled to remember the lyrics. Yara attempted to freestyle, while Carmen resorted to voguing and dancing.
2. Sasha Belle vs. Jasmine Masters: In a lip sync to Whitney Houston's "So Emotional," Sasha Belle unintentionally skipped a verse completely, resorting to a dramatic performance instead. Jasmine Masters followed suit, focusing on her facial expressions rather than the lyrics.
3. Alyssa Edwards vs. Ivy Winters: These queens battled it out to Willow Smith's "Whip My Hair," but both struggled with the fast-paced lyrics. Alyssa incorporated her renowned dance skills, while Ivy's tricks couldn't save her from losing the lip sync.
4. Laganja Estranja vs. Joslyn Fox: In a performance of "Stupid Girls" by Pink, both Laganja Estranja and Joslyn Fox suffered from memory lapses. While Joslyn's humor helped her survive, Laganja's emotional breakdown proved her undoing.
5. Naysha Lopez vs. Laila McQueen: The lip sync to "Applause" by Lady Gaga saw both queens fumbling, leading to a double elimination. Naysha forgot the lyrics, while Laila struggled to find her footing.
6. Valentina vs. Nina Bo'Nina Brown: Valentina infamously failed to learn the words to Ariana Grande's "Greedy," opting to keep a mask on for the entirety of the performance. Nina gave it her all, but Valentina's lack of preparedness cost her the lip sync.
7. Aja vs. Kimora Blac: When performing to "Holding Out for a Hero," Aja forgot her words and compensated by delivering a passionate and energetic performance. Kimora, on the other hand, lacked both lyrics and energy.
8. The Vixen vs. Monique Heart: During a showdown to Christina Aguilera's "Ain't No Other Man," The Vixen had difficulty remembering the lyrics, resorting to high-energy dancing. Monique, while struggling, managed to deliver a more coherent overall performance.
9. Silky Nutmeg Ganache vs. Nina West: In a lip sync to "No Scrubs" by TLC, both queens had trouble recalling the words. Silky relied on her charismatic personality, while Nina's comedic approach helped her snag the win.
10. Widow Von'Du vs. Jackie Cox: In a lip sync to Madonna's "Express Yourself," Widow Von'Du stumbled over the song's lyrics, leading to her elimination. Jackie Cox, on the other hand, delivered a polished and accurate performance.
These moments serve as a reminder that even the most talented drag queens can sometimes struggle under the pressure of a lip sync battle. However, they also showcase the remarkable ability of these queens to adapt and perform in the face of adversity, turning forgotten lyrics into memorable moments.